Amazon has become a large-scale marketplace where millions of buyers are served with quality products. Every seller wants to make the most of their marketing efforts. Capturing most of the market share is not easy here as prospects are being directed to a different range of products every time they search for a product with a different keyword. It is a matter of continuous effort when it gets to marketing your products on Amazon. Several digital marketing tools can be used to remain on top of Amazon’s search. But, to be very honest, without having the best Amazon PPC campaign it is difficult to survive. You might have been a best seller on the platform but you can no longer occupy the top position for that long and that too for every product you sell.
Amazon SEO can serve the purpose in this regard but even SEO cannot yield the desired results on a quick basis. Amazon PPC works as an internal advertising system on this platform and helps you remain on top in the searches. Although you require spending some money in the meantime it is worth spending as you can get the desired outcomes in a quick time.
What is Amazon PPC?
Amazon pay per click is a system somewhat related to google pay per click. It is a kind of advertisement system that helps you show your ads on the platform. Amazon will however only charge you after a prospective customer clicks on the ad. It allows sellers to carve creative ads and ad campaigns that can be used to showcase their offers on Amazon. Some key points of the pay-per-click systems are described below.
- Advertising cost of sales: It can be calculated by dividing the amount spent on advertising by the number of sales resulted from that spent money. One can also say that it is a percent of income from sales spent on advertising.
- Attributed sales: Total product sales generated from clicks on your ads within a week are taken as attributed sales. The sales data usually takes about 48 hours to populate on Amazon.
- Impressions: Frequency of display i.e., how many times your ad has been displayed in the search results constitute impressions. It takes around three days to form the exact calculations.
- Clicks: The number of times your ad is clicked by the visitors is taken as clicks. It also takes a few days to carve the complete report.
Why is PPC Important for Amazon Sellers?
The pay per click is the easiest way to make a mark on a heavily populated marketplace like Amazon. It is always difficult to get on top of every search result for every single product you sell on Amazon without carrying out a comprehensive PPC strategy. Your listings are likely to get lost in the noise if you do not bother to run a PPC campaign on a consistent basis.
It is not recommended that you should stop doing the SEO for the organic search but it is highly recommended to consider running a PPC campaign for quick results. It is vital to enhance the reach and engagement of your product on Amazon. It will not only help you sell more but also get a good organic ranking on this wonderful platform. Amazon will start showing your product in the organic searches once it starts getting sold swiftly.
How to Carve an Effective Amazon PPC Strategy?
There are several factors that come into the act when it comes to running an Amazon PPC campaign in the best possible way. The best Amazon PPC strategy will always rely on the following factors. These are the primary elements of the best Amazon PPC management strategy.
- Try testing each type of PPC ad campaign before launching. It is always good to analyze for automatic and manual campaigns.
- A detailed keyword search needs to be performed before running any campaign as it will set the tone for the entire process. One cannot run an effective campaign without considering the keywords for all different product listings.
- It is vital to set default bids and a daily budget before starting the campaign.
- Run an ad campaign at least for a week before making all necessary adjustments.
- Use all the data coming from reports to generate effective manual ad campaigns.
- Continue reviewing and analyzing your PPC ad campaign to add or omit keywords.
Choosing the Best Type of Amazon PPC Ad for Your Business
The product listings can be promoted by running targeted sponsored ads as well as automatic-targeted ads. These two basic types of pay-per-click Amazon ads can help you get a complete comprehension of the keywords necessary to run an effective ad campaign. You will simply get to know which one works best for your product when you will try both types at the same time. You can remove keywords and, even an entire ad campaign that does not proves productive in the longer run. It is easy to collect data after three to seven working days.
Although it is always good to set the tone right up front. But since the platform works automatically so running both types of ads can help you know which type will work best for your product listings.
Types of Amazon PPC Ads Available for Sellers
- Sponsored product ads
It is a common type of pay-per-click ads run on Amazon. It appears on the product listing pages and among general search results. One can do automatic-targeting ads as well as manual targeting ads when it comes to running a sponsored ad campaign.
- Sponsored brand ads
Also called ‘headline search ads’ appear at the top of searches performed on Amazon. it offers more space to a seller as one can add two to three products, a logo, and, a headline in the sponsored brand ads.
- Sponsored display ads
It helps capture the attention of the existing customers. Buyers that have already visited your page can be accessed with the help of sponsored display ads.
You can get your products on top of the searches by running PPC ads. But forgetting about SEO at the time you are getting sales is not a good idea at all. It is good to keep on working on the organic sector to remain on top for a longer period.