The rate at which people march in to visit the dermatologist has become increasingly alarming. Adults ranging from the mid-thirties to sixties have made it a weekly, monthly, or yearly routine to have a skin check-up.
People age faster due to stress caused after a hectic day at work, loss of loved ones or a messy divorce, the impact of UV rays, fumes from vehicles, and bleaching creams. It is of little surprise as this is the 21st Century where solutions to problems are made readily available.
What Is Anti Aging Therapy About?
Anti-aging therapy is a treatment made available for adults who are aging prematurely and the elderly who desire to remove or reduce wrinkles, aging spots, and fine lines in order to appear youthful once again.
The treatment of fast aging has become rampant in several developed countries of the world because of its astounding results.
Benefits Of Anti-aging Therapy
The process of rejuvenating the skin back to its youthful stage has rewards for you as an individual. Some of the benefits are as follows;
- Removal or Reduction in Skin Pigmentation: Aging spots, skin tone discoloration become obvious as a person matures and becomes older. They make a person look more elderly than they actually are. Anti-aging therapy reduces or removes these spots and would bring out your most youthful side.
- Increase In Skin Elasticity and Reduction of Dry Skin: Skins that glow are definitely not dry. The therapeutic effect of the anti-aging treatment would bring back the elasticity in your skin and keep your skin looking hydrated and healthy.
- Remove face dullness: As one grows older, the youthful exuberance begins to fade. Anti-aging therapy would help bring back the action and keep you looking attractive day in and out.
- Glowing and Wrinkle-Free Skin: Facial creases around the eyes, lips, and forehead would decrease or be completely removed with the right therapeutic treatment for a person’s skin type. It would bring back the beauty of the skin no matter your age.
- The disappearance of Double Chin: Double chin is mostly acquainted with overweight and aged people. Having the right skin therapy would remove the double chin and keep your face in the right shape.
- Self-confidence: A major benefit besides the physical results of the anti-aging therapy is that your morale would be boosted. You would be ultra-confident wearing your skin. Your smile would be more youthful and you would exude pure youthfulness. Looking youthful would help you act youthful.
Types Of Anti-aging Therapy
There are several Anti-aging treatments you can try out. It is however best to meet your dermatologist for further information as regards your skin type. The most reputable Anti-aging treatments are;
Hormone therapy is one that focuses on how you feel even more than just how you look and is by far one of the most popular therapies around. This includes things like testosterone therapy and growth hormone therapy. These therapies are designed to optimize your hormones in order to make you feel and look young again.
This is a therapeutic treatment whereby the doctor uses a rotating brush to remove the outer layer of the skin. This treatment is used to get rid of wrinkles, age spots, facial lines as well severe sunburn or damage on the skin. A new skin would grow out to replace the old skin. However, this treatment could cause scabbing and light swellings for a couple of weeks before the results of the treatment take effect.
This therapeutic treatment is almost as the first as the outer layer of the skin would also be removed for a new skin to grow. The difference, in this case, is that a special machine is used to spray tiny particles in the skin, unlike the rotating brush. Fortunately, the skin heals faster in this case but for the best result, it is advisable that the treatment be repeated.
Chemical Peels Therapy
As it is named, an acid is gently applied and used to peel away the topmost layer of the skin as it is done similarly in the first two treatments above. The Chemical Peels treatment removes the wrinkles, age spots and brings about a more glowing skin tone. It would take about a week or two for the skin to heal in this case. The treatment is best repeated for better results.
Botulinum Toxin Therapy(Botox)
It is an injection treatment. The fluid is injected into the face to reduce the forehead wrinkles, frown lines, and creases around the corner of the eyes. The substance tightens the muscle in those vulnerable parts of the face. Results show in about a week and last for weeks to four months.
Dermal Fillers Treatment
In this case, collagen, hydraulic acid gel or your fat is injected into the skin to fill out wrinkles and facial lines. Dermal treatments are only used for wrinkles and creases and can last for up to a year and more depending on the filler used. Dermal filler can also be used on the lips and hands. It is one of the longest-lasting treatments and the results are instantaneous.
The Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing Therapy
In this treatment, the dermatologist uses a special laser to treat the skin. The laser heats and destroys layers of skin, while stimulating new skin cells at the same time. The dead skin cells would peel off to reveal younger and smoother-looking skin. This treatment is good for wrinkles, age spots, pigmentation. However, it causes pain and scabbing for a few days to weeks but is a great anti-aging treatment.
Non-Ablative Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
This treatment is closely related to no. 6 above as it uses laser and other types of energy to treat and remove wrinkles and aging spots. In this case, the outer layer of skin is not removed or touched. Results are seen in weeks to months.
In the same way, you choose your skincare regimen, you get to decide which Therapy you are most comfortable with or would work best for you.
Most people are worried if taking anti-aging therapy would have adverse effects on their skin in time to come. Others concentrate more on the possibility of the therapy not working for them.
Here is the deal, having an Anti-aging therapy is your best bet at looking youthful once again.