Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Name 3 "Need to Have" in a House....

Started by Teaching Tiny Tots , author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 2/24/2012 4:08:50 PM

Just curious....If you were looking for a home....what three things do you need or want to have in a Home...

#1 I need storage!!  (Closets/cabinets/shelves/pantry)

#2 I want a big kitchen at least some work space since I cook 3 meals a day and make a lot of crafts and recipes with the girls.

#3 I need a yard...for the dog!! 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14

I have to agree with a yard (dog and kids need room to play),

a big kitchen is nice, too, and clear water.  (Our old house had bad well water that was yellow and stinky...)

""

Reply by mommystayhome

author of Work at Home 2/25/2012 11:49:24 AM

I need a yard. 2 bathrooms, and closets or space for storage.  I would love to have a game room for by kids friends.

""

Reply by Esther

author of Laugh With Us Blog 2/25/2012 7:39:34 PM

Space!  A fenced yard and functional kitchen. 

""

Reply by Diana

2/27/2012 6:28:53 PM

A yard is a must for our boys. When we first came back to Hawaii we were living in a small apartment and the boys would be climbing the walls if we stayed in too long.

Another one would be good insulation so sound doesn't travel in the house. We moved back into our house that is big and spacey but the house echos and every little noise is heard. Naptime has been a chore to try to stay quiet.

A big kitchen is also a bonus.It does make things easier with all the cooking I do. But I guess that is more of a luxury than a must:)

Storage is good too but I have noticed that storage can be added with shelves and cabinets.

""

Reply by Teaching Tiny Tots

author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 2/28/2012 8:35:36 AM

Definitely clear water...not something you'd think about until this happens though!

OneMommy's profile picture
OneMommy said ...
a big kitchen is nice, too, and clear water.  (Our old house had bad well water that was yellow and stinky...)

""

author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 2/28/2012 8:36:33 AM

Game room is nice...we had a loft area in our first home that was great so the girls had another place to play besides just their room.  Of course at that age...every room became their room

mommystayhome's profile picture
mommystayhome said ...
I need a yard. 2 bathrooms, and closets or space for storage.  I would love to have a game room for by kids friends.

""

author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 2/28/2012 8:37:00 AM

Definitely need more space in our case!  Want to get rid of our storage unit!

Esther's profile picture
Esther said ...
Space!  A fenced yard and functional kitchen. 

""

author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 2/28/2012 8:38:03 AM

Definitely a luxury...but the one luxury I really want!!!  I can do without the jetted tub or a formal dining room and formal living room but give me a big kitchen with lots of storage and I'm ecstatic!

Diana's profile picture
Diana said ...
A big kitchen is also a bonus.It does make things easier with all the cooking I do. But I guess that is more of a luxury than a must:)

""

Reply by mommystayhome

author of Work at Home 2/28/2012 8:49:48 AM
Yes a big kitchen is nice

""

author of Teaching Tiny Tots Blog — 3/7/2012 3:37:38 PM

I need a bigger pantry...I used to love buying from Costco but it's just too much to store right now! 

Screen porch is definitely on my wish list!

DM's profile picture
DM said ...
I'd insist on a pantry.  Our current home doesn't have one and the extra food is down the basement.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS