Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Carolina Grown: Intuit Love a Local Business

Started by Paula , author of bell'alimento authentic Italian cuisine 8/9/2011 2:00:11 PM

I believe that supporting local businesses is so important. It helps sustain the local economy and supports local community members. One of my favorite local businesses is CAROLINA GROWN. They source from local North Carolina Farmers and Ranchers and deliver their fresh, seasonal LOCAL products to your door! That's right they even deliver!

What does Carolina Grown believe in? Eat Healthy. Eat Local. Eat Well. "By choosing pastured meats and fresh fruits and vegetables, you choose foods filled with numerous dietary benefits not typically found in mass-produced foods. By choosing Carolina Grown, you choose meats and produce from farms and ranches in North Carolina, keeping state farms functioning and contributing to the local economy. By choosing us, you choose humane treatment of animals, nutritional food, and a wide variety of goods that will create your family's menu without breaking the bank."

I've been a very happy subscriber to Carolina Grown for many months now. I love that you are able to choose which products you want delivered each week and that you see exactly where you products are coming from. I typically order: farm fresh milk, farm fresh eggs, farm fresh heavy whipping cream, seasonal fruits and vegetables {that I'm not growing myself} and grains.

When I was approached by BlogFrog to write a post about a local business I love I knew it would be Carolina Grown. I love what they're doing in our community so much so that I've nominated them for a for the Intuit Love a Local Business campaign.

You can Vote for Carolina Grown OR you can nominate your own favorite small business by visiting Intuit’s Love a Local Busines page.

Have fun being the voice of online entrepreneurs!

Bonus: Why not go and nominate yourself for Intuit’s Love A Local Business competition, and then encourage your readers to vote for you? Intuit is helping small businesses achieve their dreams by awarding $25,000 each month to a local business! Note – votes are like raffle tickets – the more votes a business has the more chances they have to win.

It’s been very exciting starting my own business, so I’m curious to know: What dream business would you love to start? By replying you will be entered to win an iPad 2!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Intuit’s Love A Local Business competition. The opinions and text are all mine. Contest runs July 6 to August 9, 2011. A random winner will be announced by August 11, 2011. Official Contest Rules

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16
As a rancher I totally love this Paula! So important.

""

Reply by Tania

8/9/2011 3:03:06 PM
I would love to get my cookie favor business of the ground....I know I can do it, just need to get my name out there.....soon it will happen.

""

Reply by Vanessa

author of BlogFrog Blog — 8/9/2011 3:04:29 PM
This sounds like an amazing business and definitely a great one to support! I'm hungry just from reading your post and looking at the photos :)

""

Reply by Angela

author of Tomatoes for Sal 8/9/2011 3:13:26 PM
An Italian products, meat & cheese store. SC is in desperate need of one! I would only fear that my hubby & I would eat the profits :)

""

Reply by Marquita

8/9/2011 3:15:20 PM
We have our own chickens, a garden and even cows (which are vegetarians due to what we feed them besides the grass they graze on). I swear my husband is the biggest hippie but I know it's really, really good for us! Is the milk organic? So, I'm trying to get published as a romance writer. Does that count as a business, ;)?

""

Reply by Emily

8/9/2011 3:18:25 PM
I would love to start my own foodie tour company and take food lovers like me all around the globe, visiting the coolest local markets, divey restaurants that only the locals know about, and learning techniques from the best local chefs. One day...

""

Reply by Nelly

8/9/2011 7:46:45 PM
Purely dreaming, I'd love to host culinary classes that focused on literary menus. Classic Romeo and Juliet and what they ate and we'd recreate this in our classes, with techniques and equipment only available in those times! Would be a challenge, but also a lesson in culinary history!

""

Reply by Shari

author of Tickled Red — 8/9/2011 7:55:08 PM
A bakery/lunch cafe would be my dream business. A small, intimate gathering place that would promote locally grown ingredients and a welcoming family of community :)

""

Reply by Sybil

8/9/2011 8:15:27 PM
There are so many dream businesses I would love to start, a bakery, a boutique food shop, a farm, an animal rescue

""

Reply by Katy

author of Alphabet Soup 8/9/2011 8:58:34 PM
I have always wanted to open my own dance studio, to be perfectly honest!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

~ Play nice! (Just like on the playground -- bullies won't be tolerated!! Abusive language and/or insults will cause posts/topics to be deleted)
~ Have fun!
~ Come back often so you don't miss something important!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS