Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Arm & Hammer Cat Litter Solution

Started by Stacie , author of Simply Stacie - Product and Book Reviews and Giveaways and More! 5/7/2012 8:00:10 AM

You may recall my post a couple weeks ago where I shared my dilemma on keeping my home smelling fresh with two indoor cats. I was challenged to switch cat litter brands and to see how Arm & Hammer Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter would compare and if it would make a difference. 

For the past couple weeks, I've been solely using Arm & Hammer Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter in both cat's litter boxes. I have to say that the difference it's made in keeping my home smelling fresh has been remarkable. Each granule is coated in Arm & Hammer baking soda plus powerful odor destroyers. Princess & Misty's litter boxes are in the basement and I normally can smell the litter as soon as I get to the bottom of the stairs. However, I've noticed that I don't smell it all when I'm in the basement doing my laundry! 

Even last weekend after we had come home from being away for a couple days, I didn't even notice any kind of smell when I came in the door. I know from past trips, I can smell the cats when I come home after being away for a few days. Arm & Hammer Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter has more than lived up to my expectations in providing powerful and long lasting odor control. It's been like a night and day type of difference!

In addition to using Arm & Hammer Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter, here's a few other simple ways you can keep your home smelling fresh with indoor cats:

1. Keep the litter out of sight in the least trafficked area of your home. For us, it's a corner in the basement. John even put up a partition to block off the area and so you don't even really see it until you walk right up to it.

2. Set an alert on your phone to remind you to scoop the cat litter (or write it in your daytimer if you don't have a cell phone). This is helpful for me because then I have a designated day that I have to clean it and I don't forget to do it.

3. Avoid using litter boxes with hoods since they trap in odors. If your cat's litter is out of the way, they will still have privacy.

4. Use a plastic liner inside the litter box. The litter box will last longer and the odor will not become part of the box itself.

5. Give each cat their own litter box. Since I have two cats, I have two litter boxes. I know the cats share, but this way it prevents the litter from getting full too quickly.

6. Keep the floors clean around the litter box. Cats can be messy and leave trails of litter outside their box. You don't want them tracking the litter all around the house.

The maker of ARM & HAMMER® products challenged me to switch to ARM & HAMMER Ultra Last Clumping Cat Litter and this summer, they are giving away $12,000 in the ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save Challenge Sweepstakes. To be entered to win one (1) of twelve (12) $1,000 prizes, simply reply to the question below!

Remember to join other ARM & HAMMER Switch & Save conversations for even more chances to win!

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 391
""

Reply by Rebecca

5/7/2012 8:29:37 AM
We put dryer sheets in our air vents so everytime the central air comes on we smell freshness :)

""

Reply by Angie

5/7/2012 8:31:16 AM
We just try to keep the liter box clean of droppings but on the humid days it just doesn't help!

""

Reply by Sara

5/7/2012 8:32:44 AM
I love essential oils all over the house.

Avoid chemically toxic air fresheners, remove dust regularly, open windows as often as possible. If you must add fragrance to your home, do it safely and naturally by making your own earth-and-human-friendly freshener spray by mixing equal parts lemon juice and water.

""

Reply by Tiffany

5/7/2012 8:33:03 AM

Scoopable cat little, scooped daily (or more often) keeps things from getting out of hand...

""

Reply by Margery

5/7/2012 8:35:21 AM
A Little Arm and Hammer Baking Soda goes a long way too in Cleaning Out that Litter Box. Once you rinse it out scrub with a little baking soda to extend the freshness live a dusting of it after it is dry too.

""

Reply by Patti

5/7/2012 8:39:10 AM
I love to open windows, use dryer sheets. Wash my floors all the time.

""

Reply by Denise Taylor-Dennis

author of Saving Money Can Be Fun 5/7/2012 8:43:07 AM
I don't have cats but still like a fresh smelling home so I use plug in air fresheners.

""

Reply by Mattandcolleen

5/7/2012 8:43:16 AM
I like the long lasting odor protection! They also need their own boxes.

""

Reply by Kimberly Ann

5/7/2012 8:45:12 AM
i have to agree that the best tip i can give is sing arm and hammer kitty litter......i have noticed such a difference in the "smell" of the cat litter since i started using arm and hammer....i mean it still smelss good even the day i need to change it

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS