Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Toddler Drama

Started by Lone Star Mama , author of A Texan Grows in Brooklyn 4/27/2012 6:42:01 AM

My Brooklyn Boy has been a character since he tried to bust out of the womb at 29 weeks (thankfully, doctors were able to stop my labor and keep our little Houdini in place until 37 weeks).  A week or so ago he was placed in time out for some minor infraction.  I heard him talking from the other room, but couldn't quite make out what he was saying.  I peeked into his bedroom to find the kiddo kneeling in front of his window yelling, "Help, Help, Help".  Needless to say, we're definitely in for an adventure with this one.  What are some of your favorite stories of toddler drama?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10

Oh that is toooo funny!  My son was that way..he's 15 now!  He has way mellowed out on his drama..but is still a character :)  When he was 4 he got in trouble and told me I could do whatever I wanted to him, but I would never be able to change his heart WHAT!!! Yep it's been a ride LOL

I watch my grandson now..he's 2 1/2.  He is quite the character also..reminds me alot of my son...oh boy:)

Lone Star Mama's profile picture
Lone Star Mama said ...
My Brooklyn Boy has been a character since he tried to bust out of the womb at 29 weeks (thankfully, doctors were able to stop my labor and keep our little Houdini in place until 37 weeks).  A week or so ago he was placed in time out for some minor infraction.  I heard him talking from the other room, but couldn't quite make out what he was saying.  I peeked into his bedroom to find the kiddo kneeling in front of his window yelling, "Help, Help, Help".  Needless to say, we're definitely in for an adventure with this one.  What are some of your favorite stories of toddler drama?

Oh, now that is funny!   Sometimes the things they do just crack me up! 

I can't think of one instance right now drama-wise....  But I'm sure we'll have our share around here sometime soon!

""

Reply by Lone Star Mama

author of A Texan Grows in Brooklyn 4/30/2012 6:49:54 PM

Although there are days that I just want to bury my head in a pillow and scream, I really do love the fact that Henry is so spirited. He's got a lot of confidence and it's been a blast watching him go out there and explore the world. His personality also gives me quite a bit of fodder for my blog (which I'm sure he'll love in about 13 years).  

shari's profile picture
shari said ...
 Oh that is toooo funny!  My son was that way..he's 15 now!  He has way mellowed out on his drama..but is still a character :)  When he was 4 he got in trouble and told me I could do whatever I wanted to him, but I would never be able to change his heart WHAT!!! Yep it's been a ride LOL

""

Reply by Lone Star Mama

author of A Texan Grows in Brooklyn 4/30/2012 6:56:41 PM

Parenthood really is a hoot, isn't it??  Sometimes it's the silliest things that will crack you up.  Henry loves playing with his toy phone lately.  His conversations are crazy intense, though.  He picks up the phone, shouts "HEWOO", within a few seconds yells "BYE-BYE", hangs up and spends the next minute or so ranting in toddler speak to himself before the cycle starts over again.  It's bizarre but absolutely hilarious to watch.

OneMommy's profile picture
OneMommy said ...
Oh, now that is funny!   Sometimes the things they do just crack me up! 

Haha! That is too cute :) I can't think of one at the moment, but I have 2 girls so you can imagine the girl drama - I am dreading high school!

My girls are 4 years apart so they didn't have any toddler drama together.  But trust me you are not alone, I just can't think of a toddler moment right now!

""

Reply by Esther

author of Laugh With Us Blog 5/1/2012 10:06:09 AM

That is hilarious!

""

Reply by Lone Star Mama

author of A Texan Grows in Brooklyn 5/2/2012 6:59:13 AM

My sister's two daughters are only 10 months apart, so for half of November, all of December and half of January, the girls are the same age.  They're 20 and 21 now, but there was constant, crazy, madcap drama over there when they were growing up.  Come to think of it, there's still constant, crazy, madcap drama where the girls are concerned....

Dawn's profile picture
Dawn said ...
Haha! That is too cute :) I can't think of one at the moment, but I have 2 girls so you can imagine the girl drama - I am dreading high school!

Oh yes lot's of blogging highlights! LOL

Lone Star Mama's profile picture
Lone Star Mama said ...
Although there are days that I just want to bury my head in a pillow and scream, I really do love the fact that Henry is so spirited. He's got a lot of confidence and it's been a blast watching him go out there and explore the world. His personality also gives me quite a bit of fodder for my blog (which I'm sure he'll love in about 13 years).  

""

Reply by Esther

author of Laugh With Us Blog 5/3/2012 11:05:45 PM

My toddler boy has actually been so much easier than the three girls.  He is three now and showing his will more, but still so  much sweeter than the girls were at this age.  Everyone always said, "Wait till you have a boy."  Maybe my 5 month old will prove them right!

""

Reply by Lone Star Mama

author of A Texan Grows in Brooklyn 5/4/2012 6:50:21 PM

Brooklyn Boy is a funny little monkey.  He is super friendly, has a smile that will light up a room (he especially likes to use this smile on little old ladies in the grocery store....they'll stop in their tracks to swoon), loves cuddles and is just an overall good kid.  I'm telling you, though...there was some switch that went off at two and I'm absolutely exhausted.  He really likes the word no lately...

Esther's profile picture
Esther said ...
My toddler boy has actually been so much easier than the three girls.  He is three now and showing his will more, but still so  much sweeter than the girls were at this age.  Everyone always said, "Wait till you have a boy."  Maybe my 5 month old will prove them right!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Please try to keep discussions friendly. We're not always going to agree, but resorting to vulgarities will get a post deleted.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS