Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Saving Money Tips

Started by OneMommy , author of There's Just One Mommy... - There's Just One Mommy... 5/25/2012 8:35:55 PM

Have any great saving money tips to share? 

Are you a couponer or do you have certain stores you like for their deals? 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7

That is a great question.  I use digitial coupons and paper coupons when I shop at the grocery store for even more savings.  I sometimes shop at warehouse clubs to buy in bulk.  Sometimes you can save some money and sometimes not.  I also get coupons for $10 off at JCPenny on any item in the store that is priced at least $10 so at times I will use it to get the baby an outfit without paying hardly anything or maybe just a few cents.  They send them to me in the mail all the time.   

""

Reply by Naomi

author of Miso Glamorous 5/25/2012 9:34:26 PM

We buy cleaning products and toiletries at Dollar general or Family Dollar. They are more affordable than buying them at Walmart or Target.

I always forget about digital coupons!  I need to be more proactive in using them!  

Alicia's profile picture
Alicia said ...
That is a great question.  I use digitial coupons and paper coupons when I shop at the grocery store for even more savings.  I sometimes shop at warehouse clubs to buy in bulk.  Sometimes you can save some money and sometimes not.  I also get coupons for $10 off at JCPenny on any item in the store that is priced at least $10 so at times I will use it to get the baby an outfit without paying hardly anything or maybe just a few cents.  They send them to me in the mail all the time.   

Good tip!  I've never noticed how big the price difference is (I probably should look into that!)

Naomi's profile picture
Naomi said ...
We buy cleaning products and toiletries at Dollar general or Family Dollar. They are more affordable than buying them at Walmart or Target.

""

Reply by Kris

author of The teenagers mom 6/6/2012 10:00:22 PM

I shop for many things at Aldi.  I also am a little cheap when it comes to kid's clothing.  I buy shirts for the boys in the winter that look like they are t-shirts with long-sleeve shirts under them but actually just have a long sleeve sewn into the short sleeve and then I use my seam-ripper to remove the long sleeve portion during the summer.  This way I get an entire year out of the shirts.

I really am cheap. LOL.

Hi Kris.  That is a great idea!  I never thought of doing that.  Great tips!

Love the idea of removing that long sleeve...  My son has some favorite shirts that won't fit by fall - I might need to try that!

Kris's profile picture
Kris said ...
I shop for many things at Aldi.  I also am a little cheap when it comes to kid's clothing.  I buy shirts for the boys in the winter that look like they are t-shirts with long-sleeve shirts under them but actually just have a long sleeve sewn into the short sleeve and then I use my seam-ripper to remove the long sleeve portion during the summer.  This way I get an entire year out of the shirts.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be kind. Have fun. Enjoy!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS