Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Do you like campgrounds that have planned actities or would you rather plan your own?

Started by Karen , author of FabGrandma 5/4/2012 3:54:40 PM

I have worked and lived in many campgrounds in the last 12 years. Some of those campgrounds had an activity director on the payroll, and had every weekend crammed with things to do. Would you rather let someone else plan the stuff you do, or would you rather plan your own with your own family?

For me, I would rather plan my own things to do with my own family than get involved with all the other campers. But those themed weekends do seem to be popular for some.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 24
""

Reply by Jody

author of Mommy Moment 5/4/2012 6:51:05 PM
I actually think I would like to be able to do my own family activities most of the time and then maybe 1 planned activity with other families per day :)

""

Reply by Nichol

author of KiddiesCorner Deals 5/4/2012 7:00:12 PM
I would rather do our own activities, however we have participated at campground activities and they were a lot of fun!

""

Reply by Crystal

author of Simply Being Mommy 5/4/2012 8:41:27 PM
At first I'd probably like to be guided, but once I got the hang of things, I'd like to do things my own way.

""

Reply by Ruthy

author of Superfluous Ambitions 5/4/2012 9:35:03 PM

I would rather plan my own. We are the type of family that avoids campgrounds and love to scout out a camping area and really rough it out there. SInce we rough it that is probably the reason we only do it once a year. 

""

Reply by Gaelyn

author of Geogyspytraveler 5/5/2012 12:11:16 AM
Making the plan is half the fun for me. Yet some guided tour activities might work also.

""

Reply by Dave

5/5/2012 6:55:58 AM

It depends on what the activity is. We've sometimes participated in the activities and have really enjoyed it when we do. Part of the fun of camping is meeting others with similar interests.

""

Reply by Tonya

author of The Traveling Praters — 5/5/2012 9:24:53 AM

When my kids were younger I enjoyed having some planned activities available just incase we ran out of stuff to do on our own. They always enjoyed craft projects or games, while I'd prefer guided hikes, etc to learn about the area from someone that really knows what they are talking about. 

Also, my kids are very social so even now that they are older, they enjoy mingling with other campers- especially if they are the same age, opposite gender and cute. *grin* Just trying to step into the mind of a teenager, that's all. :) 

""

Reply by Scott

5/5/2012 10:36:29 AM
I would like planned activities for teenagers.

""

Reply by Lolli

author of Better in Bulk 5/5/2012 3:20:19 PM

I actually love having things planned for me. If I don't then I usually just sit around and relax...which is one of my favorite things to do, of course!

I would wander around getting a feel for everything then see where the crows ended up. Kas

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Around the Campfire Community members and bloggers are that of the members.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS