Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Engine cooking

Started by Quirky Momma , author of quirkymomma.com 4/28/2012 8:03:51 PM

No joke, I heard about this on NPR (are they a credible "camping" source???)  They had a blurp on a guy who traveled cross country and would grill steaks, or barbeque chicken, even scramble eggs, on a pan ontop of the engine in his car.

He said it was "totally hygienic" as he wrapped it in foil...

Would you try it??

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9
""

Reply by Jean-Carlo

4/29/2012 7:26:52 AM
You can cook may different types of food on your car engine.

""

Reply by David

4/29/2012 1:02:40 PM

In the miltary we have been doing this for decades, it doesn't matter if its leftovers that need reheating or pogie bait (term for food used to bribe or trade for other items).  As long as you wrap it well and use a heat resistant material (foil is awesome) you will get a warm delicious meal for when your boots hit the ground!

""

Reply by David

4/29/2012 1:06:22 PM

Jean-Carlo...that video is hilarious...thanks!

Interesting! I guess it makes use of what you have.

""

Reply by Quirky Momma

author of quirkymomma.com 4/30/2012 11:44:32 AM

Oh @Jean!  That video is awesome!!!

""

Reply by Laurie

author of Guessing all the Way 5/1/2012 2:40:44 AM

Hey if I was hungry enough, I guess I would try cooking anywhere?  I agree about the video:)  Thanks for posting it Jean.

""

Reply by Quirky Momma

author of quirkymomma.com 5/1/2012 1:25:04 PM

Ha!  Me too, I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that I would be cooking with chemicals (car grease, road gunk, oil, etc) that close to my food.

Laurie's profile picture
Laurie said ...
Hey if I was hungry enough, I guess I would try cooking anywhere?  I agree about the video:)  Thanks for posting it Jean.

""

Reply by The Happy Housewife

author of The Happy Housewife 5/1/2012 2:12:52 PM

Well I can remember cooking an egg on the sidewalk in Florida when I was a kid- so I guess you can cook on an engine! Not sure if I would do it- but Laurie's right- if I was hungry enough I probably would! 

Toni

""

Reply by Dan

author of Dad Does 5/1/2012 4:58:48 PM

That is awesome - sure, in fact I think I will now cook all my meals this way, even when I'm home.  Goodbye grill...hello engine!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Stay friendly, respectful and have fun. The opinions expressed by Around the Campfire Community members and bloggers are that of the members.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS