Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Are You Ready for the Big Game? Share Tips to Win a 42" LG Flat Screen TV!

Started by Jen , author of The Mom Reviews | California Travel/Food/Wine/Family Blogger 2/1/2012 9:00:10 AM

The last round of playoffs were so close that we almost had "our" teams in the Super Bowl.  My family are 49'ers fans, while my brother is a die-hard Ravens fan.  Though neither made it to the big game, we're still going to celebrate this coming Sunday with a day of fun, food, and family!

Like any party, we'll start off with appetizers and the kids love Tyson's Anytizers' Popcorn Chicken.  This year we're also going to try something new, their Chicken Breast Chunks with General Tso's sauce!  When we eat Chinese food, General Tso's is mandatory for our meal.  Won't it be great to have this special treat at home and on the table in just 20 minutes of cooking! Along with our crudite plate, we can serve the chicken with tooth picks individually, so we're not tempted to ruin our appetite.

Next, our football pool will go around to our family and friends.  We set one up with 100 squares, sell them for 25 cents each and then add the numbers and play each quarter.  Our prizes will be $5 per the first 3 quarters, then the final winning score will receive $10.  It's a fun way to keep into the game, and the kids love participating!

Lucky to live in California, the weather is mild in the winter and baring any rain, during half time, the men and boys will head outside to throw the football around while the girls and women talk.

Following the game we end with a tri-tip dinner.  Usually barbecued, this year our local high school baseball team hosted a fundraiser, so we'll pick up cooked meat ready for serving!  Dessert and coffee will end our day on a high note!

Tell me what tips you have for hosting a successful party for friends and family for the Big Game and be entered to win a 42” LG flat Screen TV!

Tyson Any’tizersare a great snack that satisfies your kids on game day or any day! 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Any'Tizers.  The opinions expressed by me do not necessarily reflect the view of the Tyson Any'Tizers Brand. Official Sweepstakes Rules

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16
""

Reply by Ada

author of Ada's 2 cents 2/1/2012 11:29:29 AM
Having Tyson Anytizers for my guest is what makes the party.

""

Reply by clenna

2/1/2012 11:33:48 AM
Have food prepared ahead of time so you can enjoy the game too.

""

Reply by Cindi

2/1/2012 11:46:23 AM
We "hire" our teenage children and a few other friends' children to help prepare the food and then be servers for us and our guests! It works out perfectly and helps the kids' make some spending money... Many thanks, Cindi jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

""

Reply by Paula

2/1/2012 12:00:27 PM
I love to have a lot of appetizers ready to go like buffalo chicken dip, fruit tray, veggie tray, chips and queso, the list goes on... :)

""

Reply by Beeb

author of Contest Corner 2/1/2012 12:22:29 PM
Well, I've never hosted a Super Bowl party before, but my tips for having any successful gathering is mountains of food, plenty of seating, and enough going on so that everyone will enjoy themselves. Thanks for the giveaway!

""

Reply by Lindsey@Kindred Spirit Mommy

author of Kindred Spirit Mommy 2/1/2012 12:28:52 PM
Love the idea of using Tyson Anytizers! We have kids, so we provide a room where they can watch cartoons or kid shows and play while we watch the game. :)

""

Reply by Candace

2/1/2012 12:41:59 PM
My biggest tip is to have PLENTY OF FOOD. There's nothing worse than showing up to a party and there's no yummy food to eat! I agree that Tyson anytizers are fabulous!

""

Reply by nan

2/1/2012 12:42:56 PM
i buy lots of premade items like mozz sticks, chicken fingers so that i am not in the litchen missing tthe game and everyone gets good food

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Sweet "T" Makes Three 2/1/2012 1:50:20 PM
Preparing treats ahead of time so I won't be stuck in the kitchen!

I always like to have a variety of foods on hand. I LOVE that you are ending it with tri-tip!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Rudeness is not tolerated.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS