Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

30 Days to Hands On Play CHALLENGE!

Started by Jamie , author of hands on : as we grow 10/28/2011 8:42:14 PM

The Imagination Tree and I (hands on : as we grow) are gearing up to bring you a 30 day challenge to become more hands on with your kids!

30 days of hands on play ideas!

We're announcing it on the blog on Tuesday (Nov 1) and bringing you daily activities and hands on play challenges throughout the entire month of November!

You can sign up ahead of time to get daily reminders of each day's activities and challenges!

Who's up for it?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12
""

Reply by Ariel

10/30/2011 2:26:00 PM

This will be great for us.  I'm excited.

""

Reply by Kristin

author of Sense of Wonder 10/30/2011 11:07:24 PM

All signed up and ready to play!

""

Reply by Michelle

11/2/2011 10:02:15 AM

I'm a day behind because of my stupid email!!  But I'll just pretend that day 1 for me is today even though you are already on day 2. 

So here is my late mission statement:  I have a very independent daughter who usually plays on her own most of the day with bits of help from mommy here and there.  I would love to engage her on her level for some fun playtime that is helping her to learn and explore at the same time, but without getting bored and distracted.

K - 13 months, She loves to destroy things, loves to push buttons and see what they do, loves any kind of remote control, she loves to use her wheeled toys to push around the house while practicing walking, she loves to throw her toys, and she enjoys being read to.

""

Reply by Cathy

author of Cat's Litterbox 11/3/2011 6:58:19 AM

Follow what we're doing for the 30-Day Challenge! So far, it's been wonderful!!! We're about to go out of town for a week, so we might have to pick back up when we return home or combine days!

http://catsfilibuster.blogspot.com/p/hands-on-play-30-day-challenge.html

""

Reply by Jamie

author of hands on : as we grow 11/3/2011 2:10:19 PM

Glad to have you join in! Pop right back in when you get back! And play while you're away too!

Cathy's profile picture
Cathy said ...
Follow what we're doing for the 30-Day Challenge! So far, it's been wonderful!!! We're about to go out of town for a week, so we might have to pick back up when we return home or combine days!

""

Reply by Michelle

11/3/2011 2:17:14 PM

K didn't know what to do with all of the blocks in front of her. It was funny, I think she even got a bit upset!  She refused to let me build anything, having fun knocking it right down and laughing.  I was happy to keep giving her something to knock down.  She did enjoy sort of bathing in the blocks while she banged her legs on the floor..lol!  I had fun too, as we never put all of her mega blocks, duplo, and ABC blocks out in one heap like that.  So many choices!!

""

Reply by Brigette

author of Brigette Joys in Life 11/3/2011 3:59:58 PM

I look forward to joining this challenge.  Even though it my participation will be limited.  My recent pregnancy limited my interaction with my 16 month old for the past months due to back problems.  I'm using this challenge to reconnect playing with my 16 month old while figuring out how to care for my 2 week old baby.  I figure just doing some of the challenges will be success for us.

16 month old likes books, stuffed animals, playing out side, sand box, scribbling, simple puzzles, and putting things in and out of containers.

2 week old - just working on nursing, sleeping, and tummy time :)

""

Reply by Rhonda

11/3/2011 5:54:18 PM

So, today is our first day joining the challenge and we had fun!!  I have a 3.5 year old boy who loves anything to do with trains, cars, diggers, and rescue heros. He's also very crafty and loves dressing up and imaging that he has super powers. We are joining this challenge because we are in a time of transition - moving into a new house next week, then babysitting our great nephew for seven days (he's six months old) and then throw in the upcoming holiday season that seems to start as soon as the snow flies. It's my hope that the daily challenges will help me focus on what is truly important in our day-to-day lives while we hobble through what could be a very busy month.

So, today we used his Duplo blocks and his wood blocks and created a "Radiator Springs" for his Cars vehicles.  We crashed the cars into the "buildings" and drove them to the "shops" for repair - so much fun!

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! Hopefully, we'll have to time to go back to the fort challenge that we missed and give that a try because it always a hit in our house!

""

Reply by Jennifer

11/11/2011 11:27:45 PM

My name is Jen and I run a multiage early learning center in my home ( Little Timbers FCC) We are located in Terrace B.C Canada. I have usualy 9 or 10 children ages 1.5  - 9 daily only 8 at one time.I have enjoyed your challenge and have used some of your ideas during our days most are avalible daily for the children but i focus more and put more time into inviting the children to play at the designated center i love invatations tks so much for your encouragement and ideas! 

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice. Don't spam.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS