Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

I accept my child is...

Started by Jamie , author of hands on : as we grow 10/20/2011 9:50:03 PM

... finish the sentence.

I'm currently reading The Conscious Parent by Shefali Tsabary and this is the something I found interesting.

Accepting your child for who they are, just because that's how they are. What do you accept about your child?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11
""

Reply by Rachele

author of Messy Kids 10/20/2011 11:35:55 PM

I accept that my son is wild and incredibly active.  

I accept that my daughter is dramatic.  

""

Reply by Anna

author of The Imagination Tree 10/21/2011 3:26:27 AM

Incredibly sure of herself! but I'm pretty sure that's a good thing!

sometimes she's a little bit too much like me...this, not so much!

;-)

I accept that my daughter love pink & princesses. I'm a tomboy at heart and usually can't stand either, but they make her happy so that makes me happy.

""

Reply by Rebekah

author of The Golden Gleam 10/21/2011 2:31:44 PM

I accept my daughter is not comfortable in many social situations.  

I accept that she needs her food separated to eat it.  

I accept that she is going to sleep less than most other kids and have an unusual store of energy.  

""

Reply by Kristin

author of Sense of Wonder 10/22/2011 8:46:57 AM

Daughter #1- I accept that she is not an outdoorsy type. I accept that she would rather be in her room reading than be outdoors doing anything else at all.

Daughter #2- I accept that she will never let me put her in cute little outfits with matching bows. I accept that she is beautiful the was she is, even if "the way she is" is in mismatched socks and an old t-shirt and ripped jeans and covered in mud.

Darling son- I accept that he is not his sisters. They may have slept through the night at 2 months and he is still waking me up at 17 months. They may have never needed child locks and he not only need them but has figured out how to unlock them. They may have sat and played quietly while he does kamikaze dive bombs off of the sofa. It is okay. He is not them.

""

Reply by hayley

author of Mums world xxx 10/22/2011 5:24:16 PM

i accept me eldest is very dramatic and craves alot of attention,

i accept my middle child is wild and struggles to listen and follow instruction is all apart of her character

i accept my baby is clingy unlike her sister and needs her mummy.

I accept (ok, working on accepting) that my daughter has a life long disease that may cause her issues in her life, and that the treatments are not pretty but happy there IS treatment.

I accept that my daughter is strong willed!

I accept that my son is a mama's boy ;)

GREAT question!

""

Reply by Nicole

author of Heart Journey Weblog 11/6/2011 1:43:59 PM

I accept that my daughter can be overly dramatic.

I accept that my son is sensitive and needs to be held *right now* even if I'm in the middle of something.

I accept my daughter has special needs but gives more than she takes. Her sweet spirit more than compensates for her delayed development. Her seizure disorder is not her fault. She loves the simple things in life and reminds me what is important: preserving our earth and animals, being kind to children, taking time to enjoy zoos, parks and the outdoors. I'm the one who is blessed for being her mom.

I accept my son has gotten to where he is scared of what to me seems like nothing. That he is hyper yet mellow at the same time and that He is a mamas boy and wants mommy to do everything

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice. Don't spam.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS