Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Older Mom of an only with ADHD

Started by KK , author of The Ironed Out Diva | Makin' it…. One Dream at a Time 12/10/2010 8:32:13 PM

Surely someone can relate?

Well maybe you've got an only too, or you're an older mom (I was 38 when I had my son), or you have a child or children with ADHD.  Either way, I can surely relate!

He's my light and love - I cannot imagine thinking I would not have kids. What was I thinking?  It's the bomb!

He's perfect to me, of course!

What about you?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by Avonladylove-n-peace

author of A v o n l a d y-i n-l u v 1/7/2011 2:40:57 PM

My 5-yr-old son Benjamin was born when I was 40. He's my 1st one and only. Needless to say he was a total surprise bc I never thought I would have any kids either. I also have ADHD so I relate to your situation only too well.

Your son's so adorable! What's his name? Do you plan on having any more? My fiancee really wants to have one together...so do I. I'm alittle confused bc I'm planning to go to cosmotology school in the spring...and would like to think I can do both. But I feel unsure if it's a realistic choice. What do you think I should do?

If you are healthy and have no reason not to, I think it's certainly doable. My grandmother had my aunt at 45, and that was almost 50 years ago. We've come a long way since then. There are more risks, so it's not an easy decision.

As far as school goes, I got my MBA while Julian was still a toddler. That is also doable.

You know, more than anyone else, what you are capable of. If you have 100% support from your fiancée', that is a big plus!

Best of luck to you all!

KK

""

Reply by Avonladylove-n-peace

author of A v o n l a d y-i n-l u v 1/7/2011 8:22:17 PM

Thank you KK for replying, and yes my fiancee is very supportive:) He thinks I can do both...funny he has more confidence in me than I sometimes have in myself - lol! The way I see it is what's meant to be will happen. Once again, thanx for your input and hope you and your little one enjoy the evening:)

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be kind. That's all!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS