Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Meals you don't have to cook?

Started by Esther , author of Laugh With Us Blog 5/14/2011 2:01:48 PM

Seriously!  The smell of pretty much anything cooking makes me nauseous at this point of my pregnancy.  Normally, I love to cook so my family is starting to complain about one too many sandwiches.  Do you have any quick meals that you make with minimal preparation? 

Anxiously awaiting some ideas!  :)

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3
""

Reply by BellaVida

author of Bella Vida by Letty 5/15/2011 7:11:50 PM

When I don't feel like cooking I turn on the oven and make baked chicken & potatoes or sweet potatoes.  Once it's in there I can walk away for at least 45min. 

Prep time can be as quick and easy as pouring a can of Campbell mushroom soup over the chicken.

Take it easy. I hope u feel better.

Bella Vida by Letty

""

Reply by Laura

author of Prepared Binder 5/15/2011 7:43:43 PM

Here is a family standby favorite...

Dice up chicken breasts or thighs. Cook in covered pan with a little oil in the pan.  (This should be really quick.) Add a large jar of spaghetti sauce to the pan, recover and simmer.  While all of this has been going on, you should have been boiling water and then boil a box of curly noodles of choice.  I usually go for veggie noodles if I can.  When needles are cooked, the sauce should be nice and hot. dumb sauce on strained noodles, mix and serve.  You can add mushrooms when cooking the chicken if you like, or maybe sliced olives.  If you want to add cheese to the top, that would be nummy as well.  My kids love it and it has little smell, and only 2 pots!

Then again, pancakes are always nice.  That is what we are having tonight!

Ha, this is an old stand by when I can't handle meat. When I was pregnant the smell and feel of chicken just about did me in. I don't think it totally went away.

Laura's profile picture
Laura said ...
Then again, pancakes are always nice.  That is what we are having tonight!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

The only thing we ask is that you respect others. This is not a place for soapboxes and personal agendas. Other than than post away.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS