Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Embarrassing Clothing Malfunctions!

Started by ...love Maegan , author of ...love Maegan ~ Fashion+Lifestyle+DIY+Design 10/4/2010 10:55:39 AM

Remember that episode of Friends where Rachel was a bridesmaid in a wedding and she came out of the bathroom with her dress tucked into her underwear ...and walked all the way down the isle like that?!?!  HORRORS!!!

Mine is much less severe than that, thankfully ...but I was in high school which tends to magnify the embarrassment factor of everything!

I was wearing a new long floral flowy dress {1994} and didn't realize until the end of the day that the seam in the back had about a 4 inch hole right over or around my butttttt.  I think a friend pointed it out and obviously I was mortified.

Have you ever had an embarrassing clothing malfunction?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12
""

Reply by drollgirl

author of drollgirl 10/4/2010 11:27:45 AM

oh yes.  i can relate.  i posted about this on my blog a while back.  CRINGE!!!! 

http://drollgirl.blogspot.com/2010/06/skirt-issue.html

I wear a lot of skirts. I must have 50 skirts. Possibly 100. Anyway, you would think that I would be GOOD at wearing skirts at this point in my life. Normally I don't have issues with skirts. NORMALLY.

A while back I went to a wine tasting with a friend at this place. I was wearing a skirt, (and a top - har) feeling fine, and enjoying myself as my friend and I sampled various types of wine, grubbed on some crackers and cheese, and chit-chatted the afternoon away. After we finished our wine, I made my way to the restroom, took care of business, and then made my next stop at the cashier area where I was trying to decide which bottles of wine I wanted to buy. The next thing I knew, the owner of the wine shop was charging over to me at full speed. She grabbed my head and loudly whispered in my ear, "YOUR SKIRT IS IN YOUR BUTT." Meaning: My skirt was jammed in my underwear and everybody could see everything THAT I TRY REALLY HARD NOT TO EXPOSE IN PUBLIC. Horror factor eleven. Of course there were people all around milling about, and of course they saw my backside in all of its glory. THE HORROR. My face is turning red just typing this stupid story.

So you think I would have learned from this stupid skirt experience, and that I would ALWAYS CHECK THE REAR VIEW when exiting a restroom.

As I arrived at work today, entered an ELEVATOR FULL OF PEOPLE, and exited the elevator to a LOBBY FULL OF PEOPLE, a beautiful young lady stopped me, pulled me aside, and told me MY SKIRT WAS IN MY BUTT. FUCK ME IN THE ASS. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. WHAT THE FUCK. Red Face! Red Face!

And FUCK YOU to all the folks that saw me and didn't say a word! And FUCK ME for making this stupid mistake again! ARGH!!!

""

Reply by Kay

author of Copperkitten's World 10/4/2010 11:40:48 AM

I was a teenager, going to art College , I was carrying a large portfolio, but dressed to the nines (it was the 80's) .  I was wearing high heels, seamed stockings and a flowing skirt.  As I exited the subway turnstile with the portfolio my skirt got stuck and the portfolio got stuck and as I kept going through the turnstile somehow caught my skirt and up it went exposing my rear, my undies my garter belt and seamed stockings to all the folks in the busiest subway stop in the City.  

""

Reply by Taylor-Ann

author of My Modish Mood 10/4/2010 11:52:37 AM

OMG Yes...just last week AT WORK!  Totally embarassed. 

I had a dress on that has a side zipper.  well is baggy enough that I don't need to unzip the zipper to slide it on. 

anyways, I was sitting at my desk and a guy I work with came over to talk.  turned around and went to lightly cratch my lower back and noticed that my dress had been unzipped all morning.  AGHH!!! 

I walked into the lobby that, up the elevator (with multiple people), went to two meetings before I noticed. 

I hope no one else did.

Hahaha!  These are great.  I love that episode of friends.

The worst one I had was when I was a kid and I forgot to wear my bloomers under my cheerleading skirt (you know the things that cover up your underwear).

I grew up in Wyoming where it is VERY windy and I had walked all the way to school that way and didn't realize it until I was at my locker.  I was mortified!

""

Reply by Carol

author of Songberries 10/4/2010 12:11:15 PM

My dad took me out to dinner one night (I was 18) and I went to the restroom right before dessert.  When I came back (Yup, wearing a dress) I walked past lots of tables and sat down across from my dad and he leaned over and told me my dress was tucked into my panties in the back. That was the only time I remember wanting to just slide under the table!

OMG KAY ...well, at least you were dressed underneath as well!!  I'm sure you gave the crowd a fantastic show ...garter belt & seamed stockings??!?!  SEXY!!!  yes

Kay's profile picture
Kay said ...
I was a teenager, going to art College , I was carrying a large portfolio, but dressed to the nines (it was the 80's) .  I was wearing high heels, seamed stockings and a flowing skirt.  As I exited the subway turnstile with the portfolio my skirt got stuck and the portfolio got stuck and as I kept going through the turnstile somehow caught my skirt and up it went exposing my rear, my undies my garter belt and seamed stockings to all the folks in the busiest subway stop in the City.  

HA!  I was a cheerleader in high school too and I WOULD HAVE DIED!!  what did you do?? lol

Sonora's profile picture
Sonora said ...
The worst one I had was when I was a kid and I forgot to wear my bloomers under my cheerleading skirt (you know the things that cover up your underwear).

""

Reply by Kay

author of Copperkitten's World 10/4/2010 1:12:21 PM

you know what?  Even today when I walk through through the turnstile at Toronto's busiest subway I still think about it.....I was so embarrassed at the time.  But now, I just thank got I was a fit 19 year old and I do recall several gents rushing to my aid...lol 

I just remembered another one ...a couple years ago.  I was wearing a pair of gray trousers I bought at the Gap ...and you know those clear LONG stickers they put on the leg with the sizes labeled on them ..all. the. way. down?   ...well, I didn't see it and left it on ...and a male coworker pointed it out to me.  Yep, embarrassed ...but at least no skin was showing, lol

Maegan - I did the mature thing and called my mom and hid by the front doors until she brought them.   There was NO way I was risking walking anywhere near wind or people until I had them on.  It was pretty mortifying.  Luckily not too many people ever knew about it!!!  

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS