Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

i'm taking charge & attempting the impossible

Started by Kelly , author of According To Kelly — A Haphazard Diary of Life 7/6/2012 1:00:10 AM

on the table next to my bed is where i keep my favorite books.

don't mis-understand me. it's not the only place i keep books, as a voracious reader, my house is filled with books. but my bedside table is reserved for my absolute favorites. & recently, i've added one more book to this ever-growing stack of all-time-favorites-&-must-reads...

brendon burchard's the charge.

you see, i'm a self-admitted-self-help-book-junkie, & i'm always willing to listen to someone interested in sharing their secrets for living a more fulfilled life... & brendon burchard is definitely that guy.

after surviving a near-deadly car accident, brendon burchard found himself wondering "did i live? did i love? did i matter?" and has purposely set out to live a more "charged" life, ever since that fateful day.

his latest book the charge has taught me (& can teach you as well) HOW to activate the 10 human drives that make you feel alive.

but, the charge is so much more than a book - it's like an easy-to-follow-how-to-live-a-charged-life-guidebook.

break out your highlighter & be ready to take notes (am i the only person who reads like this?), the book is filled with stories, real-life-examples, & my favorite... challenges.

one of my most life-changing take-aways? daily reflection.

in his chapter on striving for competence, brendon burchard encourages the reader to take some time at the end of every day and take a moment to think & "look at all you accomplished today. don't think about what you didn't accomplish. just think about what you did achieve, even if it wasn't changing the entire world in one masterstroke... think about all you've done, and simply say to yourself, i'm progressing. one small step at a time, i'm progressing."

but that wasn't my only "aha!" moment.

after reading the charge i decided "think big & be bold" which resulted in me doing something i swore i'd never do again - register for a marathon.

i've run a marathon before, & hated every single minute of it. whenever someone asked if i'd run another, my answer was always the same... "impossible."

well, thanks to brendon burchard's the charge, this fall i'm attempting the impossible.

order your free copy of the charge today!

share with us what makes you feel most alive for a chance to win a High Performance Academy Online Seminar with brendon burchard, author of the charge (valued at $1,000).

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burchard Group Sponsored Conversation. The opinions and text are all mine. Burchard Group Sweepstakes and Rules.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

No replies yet. Be the first!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Post & Join Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS