Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

What are the best clothing lines for women over 40?

Started by Jo , author of Over40 Style 1/9/2011 1:18:08 PM

Do you have a favorite designer, clothing store or brand?  Who makes clothes that flatter an over 40 body best?  Please share!!

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11
""

Reply by Jo

author of Over40 Style 1/9/2011 1:31:04 PM

Now that I'm over 40, shopping is no longer as easy as finding the "right" size---I have to find brands that are not too young or too old. 

I've really been happy with BodenUSA and Madewell, but I'm always looking for suggestions, both personally and for my blog. 

I love Lesley Evers's line of dresses.  You can find them online.  They are easy to wear, flattering, and age appropriate. 

I'm a Macy's girl myself.  I go straight to the 75% off rack and I can always find cute clothes.  My favorite color is turquoise.  It just makes me happy to wear it.  I must say I usually wear black or brown for pants or a skirt.  I also love Stein mart. They usually have great clothes too.  

I find Ralph Lauren and Jones of New York are very classic and Macy's does have sales on them ~ i have to find petite clothes and both Lauren and Jones have them ~ happy shopping ~ hugs and namaste,, cz:)

""

Reply by Jo

author of Over40 Style 1/10/2011 10:24:21 AM

@Amy:  I wasn't familiar with Lesley Evers, but what a great find!  You're right, their clothes are cute but age appropriate. (and,*bonus* I went to their website and discovered they were having a sale!!)

@Sandra:  Ohh yes, I am definitely a Macy's girl too...and I'm glad you brought up the sale rack, because I never buy anything there at full price anymore.  It seems like everything goes on sale, which makes their prices REALLY good.

@Carol:  It's great to know about RL and Jones' petite line.  I always try to include petite and plus size selections on my blog, and I'll definitely keep these two brands in mind.

Thanks so much for the info, ladies!!! 

""

Reply by Delishhh

author of — Delishhh 1/10/2011 4:23:08 PM

- Ann Taylor - http://www.anntaylor.com

- Have you tried Nordstrom?

Also - http://www.bluefly.com/ is great.

""

Reply by Jo

author of Over40 Style 1/11/2011 11:07:59 AM

OK, I may be taking this bargain shopping thing too far, but when I read "Ann Taylor", I thought, Ann Taylor Loft, and when I read Nordstrom, I thought, Nordstrom Rack!  surprise

I like your picks better...

and Bluefly is great, but I have to be careful when I log on.  It's like I fall into a giant black hole of shopping!

Ann Taylor and ATLoft are my favs along with Nordstrom in the Point of View dept.  I don't have a lot of options where I live--Macy's is always great.

Brands DKNY, Ralph Lauren, Jones NY, Michael Kors (when I can find it on sale)

I use to like Talbot's but they've gotten kind of old looking.

""

Reply by Jo

author of Over40 Style 1/14/2011 12:11:56 AM

So nice to "see" you again, Cindy!

Great choices---I'm really into MIchael Kors these days, and fortunately Loehmann's seems to carry a lot of his clothes.  Talbot's seems to have disintegrated from "preppy" to "matronly-preppy"---they should take some hints from J.Crew's Madewell line!

""

Reply by Sophia

author of Fashion Eternal 2/23/2013 6:23:11 AM

hi Jo,

check out the designer clothes at LuxeButik.com. they offer discounted prices for famous brands like Armani, Prada, D&G and more. I don't think being in 40s is a constraint, quoting Yves Saint Laurent

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

This is a flame-free zone!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS