Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

When Life is So Good and So Sweet

Started by Jennifer , author of Double Duty Mommy 4/16/2012 7:00:10 AM

Three years ago, February 2009, my fiance and I found out we were expecting our 2nd child. It was a magical time in our relationship and we could not be happier to hear the news. 

A few days later I was experiencing some pain and slight spotting. To be save we went to the hospital. After blood work, testing, and a lot of waiting we heard the news. The doctors said they believing I am having a miscarriage and they weren't sure why. My HcG levels were not where they were suppose to be (if I was about 6 1/2 weeks along) so they simply sent us home and told me to expect to miscarry on my own within the next couple days. 

We left the hospital speechless and wide-eyed. We had nothing to say. We were angry. My first pregnancy went amazingly smooth so why was this happening?!

The doctors were right. Two days later I started bleeding. I went to the hospital to get checked. My HcG levels had dropped a lot more and were returning to normal. I was told I didn't need a D&C (thank God) so I was pretty much good to go home...and suffer.

My fiance and I decided to skip the stress of planning a wedding so we got married in front of Makenna and called it a day. We knew we had to wait a few months before we tried to get pregnant again but we didn't want to. We tried and tried and tried. Month after month... nothing.

November 2009 brought a different story as we found out we were pregnant again!! It was rough at first because we quickly found out I was RH- so I needed a couple shots to prevent my body from attacking the little fetus.

Fast forward 8 months later on July 18th 2010 (2 1/2 weeks before my due date) I gave birth to a very healthy 8lb 1oz baby girl. We named her Kendall Rose.

After such heartache, life gave us a sweet gift. Kendall is now just 3 months away from her 2nd birthday. She's healthy, happy, so funny, and a cuddle bug, and also starting to get into that Terrible Two stage but we still love her.

Don't you love with life gives you those unexpected so good and so sweet moments?

KFC wants to hear all about your moments in life too!

Win one of five great prizes, such as chef services, house cleaning, Flip Video UltraHDcamera and more from KFC! Vote for my sweet unexpected moment below! You can vote once per day, check out mine and other sweet moments at www.sogoodsosweet.com!

Celebrate the little things! For a limited time, get a free Double Chocolate Chip Cake with the purchase of a 10-piece meal or larger at KFC. 

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KFC. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 51 - 60 of 75
""

Reply by Louise

author of MomStart 4/25/2012 7:16:13 PM
good luck in the contest

""

Reply by Zipporahs

author of Champagne Living 4/25/2012 10:09:53 PM
My son calling me daily from college.

""

Reply by Lana

4/26/2012 2:43:09 PM
Finding out that I was going to have a son...

I love it when my son brings me home surprises from school!

My daughter is all the time bringing me flowers. Definitely her birth on my doorstep was one of my favorite unexpected moments.

""

Reply by Kathleen

author of Life With 4 Boys 4/27/2012 8:35:24 PM
Voted. Good luck!

Voted Good Luck

""

Reply by Wisconsin Mommy

author of Wisconsin Mommy 4/28/2012 11:44:38 AM
Voted - good luck!!!

""

Reply by Jennifer

author of Rebel Chick's Journey 4/29/2012 9:04:27 AM
My favorite unexpected moment is when my daughter will tell me how much she appreciates something I've done for her!

""

Reply by Tammy

4/29/2012 12:20:24 PM
My daughter is just babbling away...so when she starts her new noises...and both my husband and I hear it for the first time together...that is the BEST!!!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS