Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Monetizing Blog

Started by Kelsey , author of Chicnsavvy Reviews 4/24/2012 4:17:25 PM

I do a lot of affiliate sales, and odds and ends trying to make money on my  blog. I am curious what programs work best for you and your site. 

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14
""

Reply by Susie

author of Earning My Cape 4/24/2012 6:21:44 PM

I am looking to monetize soon, so I am interested in answers here, too. :-)
A friend has recommended Social Spark to me, but I haven't tried it yet.

""

Reply by The Budget Diet

author of The Budget Diet 4/26/2012 10:50:55 AM

Social Spark has been my best income producer...both the sponsored posts and ads.

Once I attained a rank of PR3, it has been much easier to monetize.  Businesses are contacting me to advertise, my rate for sponsored posts has gone from an average of $15 to over $100!

""

Reply by Sue

author of HouseKaboodle 4/26/2012 12:57:51 PM

Wow, what great information here about the Social Spark.  I had not heard of it before.  I am new at blogging going on 4 months now or so, and am grateful for this information.  I am heading over to Social Spark.......see u there. :)

""

Reply by Kelsey

author of Chicnsavvy Reviews 4/26/2012 6:26:51 PM

Wow that is awesome Budget Diet!! I hope to get to that price soon! I am a PR 2

And ya social sparks is great along with blogvertise!! 

""

Reply by Susie

author of Earning My Cape 4/26/2012 10:37:58 PM

What is PR2 and PR3? 
I mean, I get that they are some sort of rank, but how do you get your ranking?

What do advertisers want to know about your blog before they will advertise with you?
I am assuming they want page views and visitor info? I don't even know what is considered a lot... or enough for advertisers.
I just got Google Analytics a little over a week ago, and I have something like 6,000+ unique visitors. My blog has 25,000+ page views, total (like in all time since starting in Feb. this year). I don't know if that is good or bad, but I am super happy with it! lol
I just hope advertisers would like that when I monetize. Any info y'all can share is appreciated!

""

Reply by Susie

author of Earning My Cape 4/26/2012 10:39:25 PM

Kelsey, Sorry if I am hyjacking your thread! I don't mean to! 

""

Reply by Kelsey

author of Chicnsavvy Reviews 4/27/2012 7:36:00 AM

Susie, no worries your not Highjacking anything :-) 

Having a pr ranking is something that google gives you when your blog gains in size and you are doing the right stuff. LOL not sure what everything is the right stuff but, they only update like 4 times a year. 

But, when you get a pr ranking you can use that to show sponsors or people wanting to work with you, and you can raise your paid post price or whatever cause it shows that you rank in searches and such. But, I don't know a ton about it. Just know it is good to have. 

http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php

you can check your site there for free :-) and they might explain it better then me. 

""

Reply by Katherine

author of An Irish-Italian Blessing 4/27/2012 10:20:55 AM

I make most of my money off of sponsored posts through Social Spark and Blogsvertise.  I offer ads and text links as well and have a few with small monthly fees. All of my advertisers have contacted me directly. I've never had any luck with ads through any of the ad platforms like Puxee or Passionfruit and really don't know how else to find additional advertisers or sponsors.

Kelsey, what affiliates are you having luck with? I've tried several and don't get far.

""

Reply by Kelsey

author of Chicnsavvy Reviews 4/27/2012 10:22:59 AM

I don't get a ton of offers from Social Sparks mine come and then I go a few weeks to a month with no new offers. 

For affiliate programs my best 2 are Commision Junction and Link Share. They have tons of advertisers like Walmart, Smashbox, Sephora and such. I have good months and not so good ones :-) But overtime it seems to becoming more steadily on money! 

""

Reply by Katherine

author of An Irish-Italian Blessing 4/27/2012 10:31:50 AM

Thanks for the info, I've done link share but no one has ever clicked through anything so I removed them.
Have you checked out blogsvertise? When Social Spark gets slow, I normally get more out of Blogsvertise.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Please refrain from attacking other members, their character or their beliefs. These boards ARE moderated and any members found acting unladylike will be removed and unlisted from our website.

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS