Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Super Cheap Idea for organizing your cabinets. And basically your WHOLE LIFE!

Started by Shannon , author of Milk and Cuddles 5/2/2011 12:00:10 AM

I was always trying to organize my cupboards, only to forget where things fit best, just days later. Within weeks all my hard work would totally disintegrate. But then I discovered a super thrifty design solution!!

Using Chalk board contact paper to label! The genius is that when what you need to store changes... you just erase it! Have grocery lists all over your fridge? I did. Use chalkboard contact paper to make a list hidden in a cupboard!

There are truly a million uses for chalkboard contact paper! Label peoples wine glasses at a party!

Label flour & sugar canisters! And be able to change any of the labels with just a wipe of a chalkboard!

The bottom line is that Chalk board contact paper is  a thrifty, flexible and CUTE design solution!

What is your Genius Tip?  Kenmore wants to know, and is giving away up to $3,000 in Gift Certificates and a chance to have the best Genius Tip turned into a TV Ad!  Visit their Facebook page and enter today!

Share your quick genius tip with us:

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kenmore. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 11 - 20 of 44
""

Reply by Christy

author of Frugalful.com 5/2/2011 2:04:44 PM
I love the chalkboard grocery list idea!

""

Reply by sara

author of Scrap Sassy Silly 5/2/2011 3:52:18 PM
LOVE this! I think I need to implement this for labeling our backstock at work

""

Reply by Kim

5/2/2011 4:07:11 PM
I love this idea. I don't have a quick tip nearly as cool as this. However, we have always had problems keeping all of our scarves, winter hats, and gloves organized in the coat closet by the front door. Finally I got one of those fabric over the door shoe organizer that has 24 pockets. It works great! Everyone can see what's there and it is so easy for my little ones to put their things away.

""

Reply by Texasholly

author of june cleaver nirvana 5/2/2011 6:26:45 PM

LOOOOOOVE this.  It is genius!

""

Reply by Nicole

author of The Activity Mom 5/2/2011 7:00:41 PM

Ok I went to Target and didn't see the black matte contact paper or the chalkboard pen. just an update...=)

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 5/2/2011 7:03:50 PM

Nicole- I have never found it at my Walmart or Target either. Only found it in Teacher supply stores online, or amazon.com. I usually order it directly through amazon here below... hope that helps:)

Quirky Momma's profile picture
Quirky Momma said ...
Oh my!  Brilliant!  I am totally doing that to my cabinets and canisters!  Where do you get the chalkboard paper?

Nicole's profile picture
Nicole said ...
Ok I went to Target and didn't see the black matte contact paper or the chalkboard pen. just an update...=)

""

Reply by Marisa

author of I said what??? 5/2/2011 7:12:52 PM

I must have this paper.  I have the chalkboard paint.  I painted my entire basement door, located in my kitchen, and now it where all lists, notes and reminders go.   I do like the idea of being able to cut out different shapes with the paper though.

Awesome tip.

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 5/2/2011 7:26:30 PM

Thanks Denise! I am just starting to get organized myself- and this really helped:)

Denise's profile picture
Denise said ...
I don't have a quick tip but I like the chalk board idea! I have tons of notes written down all over myhouse of what I need, diapers, formula, food, etc. so I need to be better organized.

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 5/3/2011 9:20:37 AM

Magnetic sheet paper? OH my- that might hav eto become my NEW obsession! How fun!!

Lori's profile picture
Lori said ...
I love this! How creative. Now I have to go out and buy some chalk board contact paper. I use magnetic sheet paper. It comes in a roll and you can cut as much as you need. Some things I've used it for is to make biz cards for my son's lawn business. We created a card in a word document and then put it on the magnetic strip so he could hand them out as a refrigerator magent to his customers. My daughter and I make jsut some fun magnets to put on our chalk board and fridge.

""

Reply by Shannon

author of Milk and Cuddles 5/3/2011 9:29:26 AM

Thanks so much Christy! It is so convenient to have it accessible but not out in the open!

PS. Your avatar photo is beautiful! Great shot!

Christy's profile picture
Christy said ...
I love the chalkboard grocery list idea!

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

Be nice and don't spam :)

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS