Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

Help! 3 Allowances turns out to be ADVANCED math!

Started by Texasholly , author of june cleaver nirvana 4/27/2011 11:00:10 PM

I have three boys.

Each of them gets an allowance.

I want them to learn how to save, give to charity and spend responsibly so I have created jars for each of those categories.  For each boy.

3 x 3 = 9 JARS OF MONEY!

This math equation is made even more challenging because I usually get cash from the ATM and $20 bills are NOT useful.

ARRRRRGH!

Stay tuned next week to read my Genius Tip on how I beat this challenge!  

Share your biggest household challenge with me below.

For a chance to win the new iPad2, 'like' Kenmore on Facebook and mention it in your reply.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kenmore. The opinions and text are all mine.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94
""

Reply by Anne Parris

author of Not A Supermom 4/28/2011 7:34:04 AM
I can't get my shower really clean. The grout never gets totally white. I liked Kenmore on facebook. I've had my Kenmore washer and dryer for twelve years.

""

Reply by Melissa

4/28/2011 7:36:25 AM
I liked Kenmore on Facebook. I was surprised to see a fashion design contest going on in relation to Kenmore. Not sure of the connection there, but it's still interesting! I have the same issues with allowance. But, I've only got 1 to worry about. He's got his wallet and his bank book. He's a good saver (paid for half of his own netbook). So he's all set, it's my struggles that are the issue. I, too, never seem to have cash and because he saves his money most of the time, not spending it, he doesn't remember to ask for it every week. I am looking forward to seeing what your solution was!

""

Reply by lynette355

author of CRAZED MIND 4/28/2011 7:48:11 AM
My biggest challenge is heating or cooling my home economically. The house is almost 100 years old. And there is not any inner wall or insullation (spelling-blah). With 10 ft ceiling and and all the air seeping right out we stay hot in the summers and cold in the winters. This will be out third summer of not running a/c due to the high electric bills. ($500+) So......sweat equity....we have it. I also liked Kenmore...but gosh don't we all!

""

Reply by Jade

author of Hey, it's Jade! 4/28/2011 7:49:28 AM
We haven't started allowance yet (my sons are 5 and 1), and I have NO IDEA how we'll do it so looking forward to hearing what you're GENIUS TIP is! My biggest problem currently is just motivation to clean the house. The fact that once you do it, it just gets dirty again... it's kinda mind-numbing. Lol! I liked Kemore on FB (/heyjade).

""

Reply by Alexandra

4/28/2011 7:53:32 AM
My biggest household challenge is keeping it clean. I liked Kenmore on Facebook. Alexandra W.

""

Reply by addrienne

4/28/2011 7:59:05 AM
i LIKE Kenmore on Facebook -->addrienne anny mertens biggest challenge is getting rid of things..my parents are pack rats and its tough to get rid of any of it! well what if i need that? hehe id like to get a dumpster and put it in the driveway and just throw from the porch. ready set go! the garbage people only take a certain amount..really restricted to amount and different days 2x a week. stuff has to be useable for goodwill..they only take a few items at a time. just ugh! big wrecking ball maybe? zippy573 AT netscape DOT net

""

Reply by Michelle

4/28/2011 8:16:57 AM
I like Kenmore on facebook - michelle chappell My biggest challenge is minimizing clutter and training my two little ones to put things away when they are finished with them. Can't wait to hear your allowance solution!

""

Reply by Dawn

4/28/2011 8:24:17 AM
Liked on Facebook, Dawn Jones-Fry. My biggest challenge is getting the laundry done. Our washer and dryer are both old and it takes several repeated cycles for them to clean/dry.

""

Reply by Rebecca

4/28/2011 8:39:28 AM
My biggest household challenge would be keeping my house picked up when I have a toddler who's only mission is to undo everything I do, uggg. Liking Kenmore on FB

""

Reply by Bejewell

author of The Bean 4/28/2011 8:47:12 AM
Biggest challenge? 4-year-old boy. Pee. Do the math. Liked on Facebook but only because I need an iPad and also I think Kenmore's awesome.

Locked Conversation This conversation has concluded and is locked

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS