Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

How "The Fencepost" came to be...

Started by The Fencepost , author of The Fencepost Community 4/21/2010 12:02:36 AM
Hey all!! Welcome to "The Fencepost"...let me tell you how this community came to be...grab a cup of coffee and an oatmeal cookie (but just one, they have gobs of fiber...)...and meet me by the fencepost...

(Insert dreamy music here...)

Before the days of internet, forums and chat parties; women use to meet at the fencepost between their properties to discuss what was going on in their lives, their families and their community. 

The fencepost was a meeting place of friends needing a connection with someone else.

We want to welcome you to our virtual fencepost. It’s a place where you can come and talk about your life, family and community. It’s a place where you can make friendships. A place to connect and be accepted.

This fencepost was put together by three moms, wives and friends in the hopes that you will stick around, share your stories and discover new friendships.

Because we want this to be a safe place, check out the rules below!

So what are you waiting for? Come join and get to know everyone, ask a question, start a discussion and participate in the age old tradition of friends connecting at the fencepost.

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14
""

Reply by The Fencepost

author of The Fencepost Community 4/21/2010 12:44:08 AM
Hey Millie!!

Glad you have you here!

""

Reply by trooppetrie

author of Troop Petrie 4/21/2010 7:33:25 AM

I do not drink coffee but how about a cup of mountain dew and a chocolate bar. I love the point behind this community. thanks ladies

""

Reply by Mama M.

author of My Little Life 4/21/2010 7:35:24 AM
Pam...Mountain Dew and chocolate is poi-fect!!

Glad to have you over here, too!!

""

Reply by Lynn

author of Welcome To Our Chaos 4/21/2010 8:21:13 AM

Thanks for the invite!!  I can't wait to see what discussions go on in here! 

If anyone is out grabbing coffee I will take a White Choc Frapp!  Thanks a million.

""

Reply by Laura

author of Blogging From Bolivia 4/21/2010 8:48:46 AM
Very creative name! I like it :)

YAY! So excited :)

""

Reply by Tina

author of Brown Eyed World 4/21/2010 9:27:04 AM
What a warm welcome!
Thanks for the advice on the only taking one oatmeal cookie...that could've been a situation that would've cleared the fencepost had I eaten more than one! ;-)

""

Reply by Kate

author of ~ Kate's Life ~ 4/21/2010 12:09:36 PM
YES! I love me some new friends!

I LOVE this Fencepost community.  You ladies are so incredibly smart.  Perfect name, too!  And some of my fav bloggers are already in here.  Just joined and looking forward to coming back.

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version
Please review the rules of this community before posting:

This is a safe community. Because we want everyone to feel welcome here, there will be zero tolerance for disrespect. Differing views are welcome, just be kind in your language and respectful to all! And, have fun while you're at it!

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS