Community Header
< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS

About Me Section Help Plz!!

Started by Jane , author of Jane Ridgewood 3/30/2012 6:03:37 AM

I have had my blog since August and since then, I have been boggling my mind with how I should go about adding an about me section. Of course I know how to add the page/section itself, but it’s more of what do I put there? Should I try to write up a long winded introduction of myself and blog? Or should I do a sort of 25 or so random facts about me? Maybe it would be best to write a short bio of my life or have someone else write one up for me?

My blog is pretty random I suppose as I don’t have a set topic or setting for it. I plan to (and have started already) share all sorts of things on there from my writings (reviews, poetry, short stories, articles, etc) to random more personal bits of my life while I pursue my goals in life. So I definitely want to include an ‘about me’ type of section, I’m just not 100% on what I want to go in there.

Someone please help with a little advice and thoughts on what should be in an ‘about me’ section?

Share Conversation

Embed
+ Login to choose updates by email

Replies

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9
""

Reply by Anna

author of Universal Gibberish 3/31/2012 8:48:45 AM

For my about me page I just did a few paragraphs on my interests as these are the things I will probably be blogging about, followed by a paragraph about my plans for the blog.  The random facts sounds interesting though, I've not seen that before smiley

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 3/31/2012 9:35:08 AM

Thank you for responding Anna! :) I like the idea of the few paragraphs like that, but I also like that the facts seem different now too. LOL! Hmm...maybe I should do a little combination for it. :D

Anna's profile picture
Anna said ...
For my about me page I just did a few paragraphs on my interests as these are the things I will probably be blogging about, followed by a paragraph about my plans for the blog.  The random facts sounds interesting though, I've not seen that before smiley

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 3/31/2012 12:05:31 PM

Okay I threw together an "about" me page!

http://janeridgewood.blogspot.com/p/about.html

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated!

""

Reply by katlupe

author of Homesteading On The Internet 3/31/2012 1:45:29 PM

I think you did a very good job. I liked it. 

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 3/31/2012 10:19:56 PM

Thank you very much katlupe! :)

katlupe's profile picture
katlupe said ...
I think you did a very good job. I liked it. 

I think it sounds great. Not too long and shows your personality.

""

Reply by MissKate

author of Palace Of Thoughts 4/2/2012 3:49:39 PM

Jane said ...
Okay I threw together an "about" me page!

http://janeridgewood.blogspot.com/p/about.html

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated!

Jane's profile picture

I like it to, well done. My about page is boring, i hate doing those about me pages lol. I wrote what i had to and got out of there. Lol

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 4/3/2012 11:52:24 AM

Thank you very much Barbara! :)

Barbara's profile picture
Barbara said ...
I think it sounds great. Not too long and shows your personality.

""

Reply by Jane

author of Jane Ridgewood 4/3/2012 11:54:14 AM

Thank you very much MissKate! I'm sure it's not boring, but it can be quite self-torturing if you will to write an "about me" section. LOL!

MissKate's profile picture
MissKate said ...
 I like it to, well done. My about page is boring, i hate doing those about me pages lol. I wrote what i had to and got out of there. Lol

Reply to Conversation

-OR-

Join & Reply Switch to the simple version

< BACK TO ALL CONVERSATIONS